Joint Venture legal information-Thelegalbank

By Legal
0 260
In Stock

Definition of Joint Venture-


A joint venture is a legal structure that takes the form of a short term partnership in which the persons together undertake a transaction for mutual profit. Generally, every person gives to assets and share hazards. Like a partnership, joint ventures can include any type of business transaction and the "persons" required can be individuals, groups of individuals, companies, or organizations.

Joint ventures are also generally used by companies to get entrance into foreign markets. Foreign companies form joint ventures with domestic companies already existing in markets the foreign companies would like to enter. The foreign companies usually bring new technologies and business practices into the joint venture, while the domestic companies already have the connections and important government documents within the country along with being protected in the domestic industry.


Legal type of joint venture-

Joint ventures are considered as normal partnerships. Normal partnerships starting from bringing together more than one person to realize their common goal do not have legal personality. Therefore, although joint ventures may be taxpayers inside the field of Corporate Tax, they do not have legal entities.

Since joint ventures are viewed as ordinary partnerships except otherwise allowed in the joint venture agreement, the problems between them are subject to 520 et al.


A number of jurisdictional problems may begin in JV disputes. These include the range of the arbitration agreement and in particular whether it extends beyond the principal contract to ancillary contracts, and to non-signatories such as different companies in a group of companies.

Sometimes a respondent will reject the Arbitrary of a dispute. This may happen where contractual claims are connected to statutory claims or local law matters, such as bankruptcy. State entities often rely on statutory constraints under local law to avoid accountability to their contractual partners.


Suing the Joint venture Violation-


Choose a lawyer-

If a decision cannot be reached by complying with the joint venture agreement, or if some arguments need to be managed outside of the contract's terms, you might need to file a lawsuit to settle the alleged violation. If you are thinking of filing a lawsuit, understand that you will be suing your joint venture partner, which will likely permanently alter your relationship and ability to do business together. However, in some situations, it may be your only option. Before you bring a lawsuit, you need to hire a Thelegalbank’s qualified lawyer to help you.

  • To hire a Thelegalbank qualified contracts lawyer, contact your state bar association's lawyer referral service. After you explain a few questions, you will be put in connection with various qualified contract lawyers in your field.
  • When you litigate a case based on the breach of a joint venture agreement, your case will possibly deal with business issues (e.g., intellectual property, distributions, stock) as well as contractual matters (e.g., material breaches, objective manifestations, fraud). Therefore, it is necessary to hire a lawyer who is an expert about everything that might come up.


Draft the complaint-

 A complaint is the lawful legal document that starts a lawsuit. Your complaint will need to be drafted in accordance with the local laws of the court you will be filing in. Depending on the specifics of your case (i.e., where each party is from and how much you are watching to recover in damages), you might file in either state or federal court. Talk to our attorney to decide where you should sue. Regardless, although, every complaint will have to contain at least the following information-

  • A title, which will include the name of the court you are filing in and the parties to the lawsuit.
  • A jury order if you want your case heard by a jury.
  • A declaration of jurisdiction, which will tell the court why they have the strength to hear your case if you are in state court, you might just have to state that you are suing another party for violation of the contract under a special legal theory. If you are in federal court, you might have to state that you meet the conditions for difference jurisdiction.
  • A statement of facts, which is a short explanation of the events that led to the lawsuit.
  • The solution sought, which will explain what you want the judge to do if you win. In the largest cases, this will be an amount of cash (called damages).


File your complaint-

 After your complaint has been drafted by your lawyer, you will get it to the courthouse and file it with the clerk of courts. You will usually require to file your original plus at least two copies. At the time of filing, you will also need to pay a filing fee (usually around $350) or ask for a fee waiver. Once the filing fee is paid or waived your complaint will be stamped as "filed" and you will be given an official civil cover sheet and summons.

  • The civil case sheet should be filled out and handed back to the clerk. The civil cover sheet gives the court with background knowledge regarding your case so they know how to handle it (e.g., what judge to give it to, how to schedule it, what case number to allow it).
  • The summons will previously be filled out and will contain the court's signature and seal. A summons is a form that tells the defendant they have been sued and requests a response within a specified period of time within 30 days.


Inform the defendant-

Once your lawsuit has been formally filed, you will need to inform the defendant that they are being sued. To do this, you need to give them a copy of your complaint and summons. This needs to be done within 120 days of filing your lawsuit. To completely follow the defendant, you need to have someone over the age of 18 who is unrelated to the case to complete the service.

  • Once you hire someone to help the defendant, they will have to give the defendant a copy of your complaint and summons in accordance with the law. Normally, the server will be able to either individually hand a copy, or leave a copy, with the defendant. If the defendant cannot be found, the server may be ready to mail a copy to them.
  • Once the service is complete, the server will have to finish the back of the summons, which is called the proof of service. The proof of service must be returned to you and you must register it with the court.


Await an answer-

 The defendant will have around 21 days to respond to a lawsuit after notice. Most defendants will respond by filing an answer, which is a formal response to all of the assertions in your complaint. Within the answer, the defendant will accept or reject all of your allegations and will raise any defences they may have. In addition, a defendant might file counterclaims if he or she understands you have breached the joint venture contract.

  • When you are completed with the defendant's answer, read it correctly and make sure your lawyer sees it. The answer will give you an excellent insight into how the defendant thinks to attack your lawsuit. If you know what the defendant is planning on doing, you will be better capable to defend against it.


Take part in the process-

One of the most important parts of litigation occurs soon after the complaint and answer are exchanged. During discovery, you and the defendant will have a chance to exchange information in order to prepare for trial. You will be ready to talk with witnesses, gain access to documents, see what the defendant plans on saying at trial, and see how strong your case is. In order to completely take part in the discovery, you will be able to use the following tools:

  • Informal process, which will suitable involve examining witnesses, obtaining publicly possible documents, and taking pictures.
  • Statements, which are formal in-person conversations with witnesses and parties. The records are managed under oath and the answers can be used in court.
  • Interrogatories, which are regular written questions posed to witnesses and parties. Their statements necessary be written under oath and the answers can be used in court.
  • Requests for documents, which are formal requests for documents that are not publicly reachable.
  • Requests for admissions, which are requests asking the defendant to accept or reject the existence of a specific fact or document.


Defend against a motion for summary judgment-

As soon as the process concludes, the defendant will likely file a motion for summary judgment. In order to succeed, the defendant will have to convince the judge that there are no genuine issues of material fact and they are entitled to judgment as a matter of law. In other words, the defendant will have to persuade the court that, even if it made each factual opinion in your favour, you would still lose the case.

  • You can defend against this motion by presenting affidavits and evidence tending to convince the court that certain factual disputes do exist that need to be examined at trial. If you succeed, the trial will continue.


Attempt to settle-

If you have done it past the summary judgment stage of litigation, you are getting close to a trial and you might want to examine settling.  Trials are costly and time-consuming efforts and even if you win, you might not get sufficient money to recover the costs of litigation. Therefore, try discussing with your partner in order to try and settle the dispute amicably. If open meetings don't work, you might try mediation or arbitration.


Go to trial-

 When a settlement cannot be reached at this step of the litigation, a trial is almost sure.  After a trial schedule is set by your judge, you will want a jury (if you invoked your right to one) through a method called "voire dire." After a jury is empanelled, you will start the test by providing an opening declaration. The objective of your opening statement is to tell the court a story that gives some context to the trial. After each parties have created gap statements, you may present your case.

  • When you perform your case, you will offer up evidence through witness statements and physical evidence. Your evidence should explain all of the details of your breach of contract case, which will vary depending on your legal theory.
  • Once you perform your case, the defendant will have a chance to do the same. After he or she examines each witness, you will have an opportunity to cross-examine them in order to punch holes in the defendant's case.
  • Once both parties have given their cases, you will be able to make a closing discussion. Your closing discussion should summarize the evidence and make it clear why you have won.
  • When the trial is over, the court will consider and make a judgment. The court's decision, called a verdict, will be declared in open court. If you win, you will be awarded damages for the joint venture violation affected by the defendant.



Some main benefits of joint ventures are:

  • They give new investment possibilities for the partners, increasing their market prospects
  • The responsibility is shared evenly among all the partners, making risk management easier
  • Every partner gains access to better and more manifold resources
  • Joint ventures are pliable as their term is finite.

No reviews found.

No comments found for this product. Be the first to comment!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.